What is Diversity Procurement?
Diversity Procurement is the Power of Leveraging Diverse Suppliers Through Strategic Sourcing Initiatives to Meet the Cost, Quality and Delivery Expectations of Stakeholders Worldwide.
The Global Diversity Procurement (GDP) Vision:
To promote cross-cultural competencies across the enterprise by leveraging global diverse supplier relationships through strategic sourcing initiatives to meet the cost, quality and delivery expectation of stakeholders worldwide.
The GDP Mission:
"Our mission is to strengthen the ability of Cummins' business units to win at critical hand-offs in the supply chain. We raise global awareness by promoting economic development within the communities in which we live and work. We will leverage the diversity procurement initiative by:
- Fostering innovation
- Exceeding customer requirements
- Promoting global growth and competitiveness
- Increase opportunities for minority, women-owned, HUBZone, service disable veteran-owned, small disadvantaged businesses, LGBT-owned, small businesses, and veteran owned businesses to participate in furnishing products and services to the company.
- Help these firms establish a mutually profitable business relationship with Cummins Inc.
- Maximize volume of products and services that the company purchases from minority, women-owned, HUBZone and small businesses.
- Our U.S. corporate objective is to achieve a minimum of $1 billion in diverse purchases throughout our U.S. supply chain every year.
- Our global corporate objective is to achieve a minimum of $2 billion in diverse purchases throughout our global supply chain every year.
- Set annual diverse spend targets for all Business Units
- Identify the top diverse spend opportunities
- Create a detailed process for linking diverse suppliers with Low Cost Country sourcing
- Include Diversity Procurement training in the standard curriculum
- Conduct benchmarking activities
- Increase Cummins participation and active involvement in minority trade shows, conventions and organizations
For more information, please contact us via email at [email protected]